Health and Safety
Bay Of Plenty Asphalt LTD is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment in all our workplaces so employees, contractors and visitors manage significant risk and are continuously working towards a safer workplace.
We endeavour to;
- Provide hands-on leadership. Management will demonstrate a highly visible level of commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Investigate and learn. Incidents and accidents are to be accurately reported and recorded in a timely manner and investigated to learn from and help prevent future accidents occurring.
- Support education. We are supportive of training programmes focused on improving safe work place practices.
- Drive continual improvement. Consult with employees to encourage participation for continuous improvement and empowerment.
- Manage Risk. Managers and employees shall actively identify and control known hazards in the workplace through regular review, education and monitoring.
- Provide a compliant workplace. Endeavour to comply with all relevant legislative requirements, regulations, and codes of practice. Every employee is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own and others safety.
- Taking all practicable steps. All staff shall take all practicable steps to prevent harm to themselves or any other person.
- Be involved. Management is committed to engaging and consulting with staff and unions in relation to Health and Safety processes. Staff are encouraged to share and participate in our commitment to avoid accidents and incidents.
- Support rehabilitation. The Company is committed to ensuring the safe and early return to work of any injured employee if practicable to do so.